As many might notice, VFW Post 9582 has made some changes to the site.  If anyone has any information, dates, or material for the Website, please let Commander Bob Hinshaw know.   The Website will be updated monthly.  More often if necessary. 

Send information to:   Information must be in writing or email format.  Pictures are welcome. Please label any individuals in the pictures and give a short info on each picture.  Thanks.

Any suggestions or comments or constructive criticisms are always welcome.



Medals awarded while in active service are issued by the individual military services if requested by veterans or their next of kin.  Requests for replacement medals, decorations and awards should be directed to the branch of the military in which the veteran served.  However, for Air Force (including Army Air Corps) and Army veterans, the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) verifies awards and forwards requests to appropriate services. 

Requests for replacement medals should be submitted on Standard Form 180, 'Request Pertaining to Military Records', which may be obtained at VA offices or the internet at   Forms, addresses and other information on requesting medals can be found on the Military Personnel Records section of NPRC's web site at:    For questions, call Military Personnel Records at (314) 801-0800 or email questions to:

When requesting medals, type or clearly print the veteran's full name, include the veteran's branch of service, service number, or social security number and provide the veteran's exact or approximate dates of military service.  The request must contain the signature of the veteran or next of kin if veteran is deceased. If available, include a copy of the discharge or separation document, WDAGO Form 53-55, or DD Form 214.


If discharge or separation documents are lost, veterans or the next of kin of deceased veterans may obtain duplicate copies by completing forms found on the internet at and mailing or faxing them to the NPRC.

Alternately, write the National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63132-5100. Specify that a duplicate separation document is needed.  The veteran's full name should be printed or typed so that it can be read clearly, and the request must also contain the signature of the veteran or the signature of the next of kin, if the veteran is deceased.  Include the veteran's branch of service, service number or social security number, and the exact or approximate dates and years of service.  Use Standard Form 180 'Request Pertaining to Military Records'.

It is not necessary to request a duplicate copy of a veteran's discharge or separation papers solely for the purpose of filing a claim for VA benefits.  If complete information about the veteran's service is furnished on the VA Benefits application, VA will obtain verification of service.







Website Builder